Friday 18 July 2014

Summer Update

Good morning fellow riders, it has been a long, long while since I last posted. I have wanted to keep this blog as a journal of the things that have happened to me and my Gladius and time just gets away from me with all the other things we all do that do not involve your motorcycle. 



At a parking lot in 2013 practicing my figure-eights! Still not great, but I have caught myself just doing it without the accompanying fear while I was trying to turn around quickly to catch up with someone!

So, I blog when I can and when there is something interesting to tell you about. Speaking of that, I received a message from a fellow blogger Trobairitz reminding me of just that fact at Christmas time to see how things were. What a nice person! 

All riding season (2013) when I had a day off to ride for part of the day - I did - and had a blast. Then, the bike got put away and there were groceries to get or that pesky housecleaning thing! Then our dog needed his daily walk - which is good for everyone. Just regular stuff but always with the thought in the back of your mind of the next time you can climb onto your bike and just throttle up and go!

This riding season (2014) we have been hitting the highway a lot more now that my riding partner has a '98 Honda Shadow. He quite likes it - a big, big difference from the Kawasaki 250 (which is still his favourite). 

This new bike enabled us to put 320 km (199 miles) on the bikes this past weekend and really see more of the beautiful Saskatchewan countryside while everything is in bloom.

Must leave to get on with the day, have a great, safe weekend of riding, see you out there! 

Suzu


6 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you. I was thinking of you again a week or so ago and thought I'd best not bother you again.

    Good to hear you are still enjoying life and riding on two wheels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you too. When I got off my bike after our big ride last week, I thought to myself "I should really find some time to see how Trobairitz is doing, it's been too long." Weird eh? Our very similar motorcycles must be linked somehow! Perhaps they hung out next to one another at the factory! Take care, I'll be checking out your blog soon...

      Delete
  2. Suzu:

    I was thinking of you too, but I didn't have your contact info

    so glad you are okay and riding

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bob skoot! Oh my goodness, I really did not expect to hear from you again as I've been so tardy in this last year. Hope that you are well and enjoying the 2014 riding season. I will catch up with your blog too to see what you have been up to. Take care...

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that you've been able to get out and enjoy the summer riding season. I too had been wondering. Hope the weather holds in the west, it's been a bit wonky everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we didn't have the weather to discuss, what would we all talk about eh? Hope you are also enjoying your riding season and getting out there as much as you can. Too much fun!

      Take care, Suzu

      Delete